Tuesday, May 6, 2008

8.1

Changed aligners late last night. They were easy to get on but I think I felt the most discomfort with these since my second set, they felt really tight and had some pain high up in one of my front incisors -like in the root area for a couple of minutes. The tightness only lasted about 20 minutes(either they settled a bit or the extra strength advil kicked in. I don't know which but after that they felt fine. Again, they didn't sit properly on all my teeth but they are fine today. Feel like week olds already. No pain flossing, brushing or eating so I say "yay." I feel it would be stupid - maybe I am just superstitious- to say that things have gone well so far. But I just did I guess. I am sure in a month or two I will have some crisis, come on here and complain about how I was being too optimistic.

I haven't used efferdent in over a week. The last set were getting pretty gross near the end there. I think I am just paranoid about using it because I have heard that soaking them in denture cleaner(anything other than water actually) can cause them to become brittle and I think I may be kind of rough taking them off. And I do NOT want a cracked aligner.

Oh, and sadly this aligner has the same problem as the last one - the plastic extending past the tooth making the aligner visible. I bet all the rest do which is unfortunate but definitely something I can live with.

Okay, I am going to go have supper now. Which includes corn on the cob :) Something I am thankful I can even eat. Sometimes I really love Invisalign!

No comments: