Tuesday, May 20, 2008

9.1

So I changed aligners last night...or early this morning I guess.
They were easy to get on but felt a lot of pressure. Really glad I put them on last night rather than this morning. It isn't that they hurt, it is just when there is that pressure, it is hard to not think about the aligners. And as is customary when I get a new set on, I push them with my tongue a bit in the places there it isn't settled. And I discover that there is something is not right. On my premolar on my left side on the highest part of my tooth I can feel something sharp. So my first thought was "Oh god, my teeth are so sharp they are punching holes in the plastic" so when I checked this morning it just appears that there is a slight defect on that area. There is a little tiny ball of plastic there. So not too bad. The incisor thing I have had a problem with my last few aligners is still there. I am sure it will be with me to the end.
Didn't seem to notice a change that was really visible when I took the aligners out to eat this morning. My right canine on the bottom was quite sore when I was popping my aligners off and it was a bit tender to floss between my first and second incisor on the right.
But that is everything I have to say so far.

edit: I forgot to say, I had my moment where I totally forgot I had the aligners in. I mean, I am sure it had happened before - a long time ago - but I was really made aware of it this time. We had a long weekend and I was going to our family's cabin and my mom was asking me if I had everything packed and was listing everything and went "you have your teeth?"(Ha ha ha my parents call them my "teeth" like "do you want some of the supper we cooked, or have you already put your teeth back in?") and in my head I went "oh my god!" and quickly checked with my tongue and sure enough - they were on. It was pretty exiting for me. I am sad, I realize.

No comments: