Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Quick update

Tomorrow...or tonight actually will make this one week with set 4. I just wanted to write this down quickly in case it is something of a running sensation. I have only experienced it with the last two aligners, so 3 and this one. What happens is a day or two before I hit the week mark(and lasts for a few days) is pain in my molars(either side or both(this time it is one side, last time it was both) when I eat. So much so that I have to chew with the other side or the front teeth. And this is only with really easy to chew food(subway sub for example or a soft brownie like granola bar). Now, I don't know if this is because I am grinding those teeth at night or if it is just from regular movement. I assumed that when you put an aligner in-within the first 3 days your teeth are all moved and it is just a matter of keeping them like that until it is safe for the tooth to move it again. Now I am wondering if they move at different times.(eg. front moves right away and then they go back to the back teeth. Because I noticed that with both set 3 and 4 that that is how the pain progresses. First the front teeth hurt, then the canines(though the pain isn't as bad as the molars), then the premolars and molars. So I don't know what's going on. I guess I will ask my ortho when I go in next if this pattern continues.

No comments: